Leg Vein Treatments
Leg Vein Treatments in Cincinnati, Ohio
Varicose or spider veins may be the cause of uncomfortable swelling in your legs, varicose veins, or leg ulcers. Either illness can be excruciatingly uncomfortable and have a significant impact on your daily life. Vein disease is treated comprehensively and individually at Moksha Dermatology. From setting up an appointment for an initial examination to scheduling testing, our professionals provide comprehensive treatment. We’ll create a plan that’s specifically matched to your requirements. To treat these illnesses, we have access to the most up-to-date medical technology.
About Varicose Veins & Spider Veins
Venous insufficiency occurs when the veins in your legs fail to deliver blood from all over your body back to your heart. This issue is usually caused by a malfunction with the vein valves that assist blood flow from the leg to the heart. Back flow (reflux) in the leg is prevented by the valves. However, if the valves aren’t functioning properly, blood might pool in your legs, resulting in leg venous blood congestion.
If you’re obese, pregnant, have a history of blood clots in your legs, or have had leg trauma or surgery, you’re more prone to develop varicose or spider veins. Other risk factors include:
- Older age
- Taller height
- Inflammation and swelling of the superficial veins (phlebitis)
- Sitting or standing for a long time
- Women (due to the hormone progesterone)
Diagnosis & Treatment of Leg Veins in Cincinnati, Ohio
A complete history and physical examination are used to diagnose varicose and spider veins at Moksha Dermatology in Cincinnati, Ohio. Our non-invasive, office-based test allows us to see the blood flow in your veins and calculate how much reflux you have.
Several venous therapy options are available at Moksha Dermatology. We propose conservative therapies whenever possible, such as:
- Avoiding long periods of sitting or standing
- Caring for wounds and ulcers
- Losing weight if you are overweight
- Taking diuretics (fluid pills) to decrease leg swelling
- Wearing compression stockings
We do minimally invasive procedures in our clinic without anaesthetic, and they have a success record of over 90%. There are several treatment options available, including:
- Endovenous thermal ablation is often the treatment of choice. Under local anesthetic, we insert a small tube (catheter) into your vein, then utilize radiofrequency (RFA) or laser (EVLT) technology to burn and harden the vein from the inside. The veins eventually fade away, and the disease is no longer present.
- Sclerotherapy involves injecting chemical agent into your veins, which hardens the vein and makes the disease disappear over time.