Hair Loss Treatments for Women in Cincinnati, Ohio
Effective Hair Loss Treatments for Women in Cincinnati, Ohio
Although both men and women experience hair loss, it is oftentimes more distressing for women. Genetics, hormonal shifts, medications, medical conditions, and even stress have all been linked to hair thinning and loss in women. Loss of hair, for whatever reason, can have a devastating effect on a woman’s sense of self-worth and confidence.
Fortunately, there are several hair loss treatments available for women. Continue reading to discover some of the most effective hair loss treatments for women offered by Moksha Dermatology in Cincinnati, Ohio.
WHAT CAUSES WOMEN’S HAIR LOSS?
Many women experience hair thinning or loss at some point in their lives. Hair loss is more common in men than in women, but both sexes can experience it. Female pattern baldness can be caused by a number of factors, including heredity, hormonal shifts, and even the way a woman chooses to care for her hair. The most common reasons for hair loss in women are as follows:
- Genetics: Hereditary factors are a major contributor to female pattern baldness. Androgenetic alopecia is a genetic condition that can cause hair thinning and loss in women. It is also known as female pattern hair loss. This pattern of hair loss has its roots in both your genetic makeup and your hormones, making it a hereditary condition.
- Hormonal changes: Women’s hair loss can be triggered by hormonal shifts. Pregnancy, menopause, and thyroid problems are the most common hormonal changes associated with hair loss. Because of the hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy, some women find that their hair grows in thicker and fuller than usual. However, changes in hormone balance after childbirth are associated with an increased risk of hair loss.
- Stress: Women’s hair loss can also be brought on by stress. The hormone cortisol, which can cause hair loss, is produced in greater quantities when the body is under stress. Hair thinning due to stress is usually temporary and reversible.
- Nutritional deficiencies: Female pattern baldness may also be caused by nutritional deficiencies. Hair thinning can be due to a lack of iron or one of the B vitamins. Loss of hair from nutritional deficiencies can be avoided by eating a healthy, well-balanced diet and taking vitamins and minerals as recommended.
- Hairstyling habits: A woman’s hair loss may be the result of her usual hair care routine. Traction alopecia occurs when hair is pulled too tightly, and it can be caused by styles like braids, ponytails, and cornrows. When the hair is pulled too tightly, the hair follicles are damaged and hair loss occurs. Excessive use of chemical treatments, such as hair dyes and relaxers, can also lead to hair loss.
In conclusion, women’s hair loss can result from a wide variety of factors. Hair loss can have many causes, including heredity, hormonal shifts, stress, poor nutrition, and even how you wear your hair. Talk to the experts at Moksha Dermatology if you’re losing your hair so that the problem can be properly diagnosed and treated.
Women’s Hair Loss Treatment Options
The scalp can absorb the medication minoxidil through a topical application. It’s the only OTC remedy for female pattern baldness that’s been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Minoxidil can promote hair growth because it raises blood circulation to the scalp, where the follicles are located.
It may take several months before you notice a difference after using minoxidil twice a day. While using minoxidil, some women may experience irritation of the scalp or an increase in facial hair growth.
Low-Level Laser Therapy
Hair loss can be treated without surgery with low-level laser therapy (LLLT), which makes use of red or near-infrared light to promote hair growth. In addition to in-office treatments at Moksha Dermatology, LLLT can be administered at home with a laser comb or helmet.
LLLT has been shown to be an effective treatment for female pattern baldness, also known as androgenetic alopecia. There are no reported adverse effects, and the procedure is completely painless.
Blood is drawn from the patient, processed to isolate the platelets, and then injected into the patient’s scalp as part of plasma therapy. Growth factors found in platelets can be used to encourage new hair growth.
Plasma therapy is a fairly new way to treat hair loss, but early studies have shown that it seems to work well. It is a safe and natural treatment that uses the patient’s own blood, so there is no chance of an allergic reaction or rejection. When our patients have gone through this treatment, the results have been amazing.
Changes in hormones can make women lose their hair, especially during menopause. Hormone therapy is when you take medicines that replace or add to the hormones your body is losing.
When a woman’s hormones are out of balance, hormone therapy can be a good way to stop hair loss. But hormone therapy can have side effects, like making you more likely to get breast cancer, so it should only be used under a doctor’s supervision.
Biotin and iron are two supplements that can help hair grow in a healthy way. Biotin is a B vitamin that is important for healthy hair and nails. Iron is important for good blood flow and getting oxygen to the hair follicles.
Female Pattern Baldness Treatment in Cincinnati, Ohio
Androgenetic alopecia, which is another name for female pattern baldness, is a condition that affects millions of women all over the world. It causes the hair on the top of the head to thin out over time, which can lead to noticeable hair loss and even baldness over time. Even though the condition is not dangerous to a woman’s life, it can have a big effect on her self-esteem and quality of life. If you have female pattern baldness, call Moksha Dermatology to set up an appointment that could change your life.
Schedule Your Women’s Hair Loss Treatment in Cincinnati, Ohio
If you are suffering from women’s hair loss and are ready to take control, contact Moksha Dermatology in Cincinnati, Ohio today to learn more about our world class hair restoration treatments.